This website would be nothing without some useful third-party open data sources.
Data licensed under version 3 of the Open Government Licence:
- NPTG (National Public Transport Gazetteer) (places)
- NaPTAN (National Public Transport Access Nodes) (bus stops)
- NOC (National Operator Codes) (operators)
- TNDS (Traveline National Dataset) (timetables)
- Traffic Commissioners: local bus service registration (timetable changes)
- TfL (Transport for London) open data (live departure times)
- Transport for the North open data (disruptions)
Some information has been taken from the bus open data digital service internet site. While the Secretary of State for Transport strives to preserve the integrity and quality of information on the bus open data digital service internet site, the Secretary of State cannot warrant the accuracy or quality of the information on the site. bustimes.org does not have the endorsement, affiliation, support or approval of the Secretary of State.
Live vehicle tracking data comes from a number of different sources, including:
- BODS (Bus Open Data Service)
- Transport for Edinburgh open data
- TfWM (Transport for West Midlands) API
Information about vehicles (colours, registrations, fleet numbers, etc.) has been contributed by dozens of enthusiastic contributors.
Postcode search is powered by Postcodes.io.